Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just another funny story!

I have really been extra lazy about taking pictures these days, and not much exciting has been going on. I am now 19 weeks pregnant and I am feeling SO much better. I hardly even feel prego right now so I am trying to enjoy these few weeks until I am HUGE! Anyways, I just wanted to "journal" something funny about Ashtyn. First of all a couple of weeks ago right before bed Ashtyn started saying that she was too scared to go to bed and totally dramatizing it up. I don't think that she was actually scared, just trying to avoid bedtime. I told her that she could pray for Heavenly Father to help her not be scared and that he would protect her through the night. She finally settled down after we said a prayer and went to sleep. The next morning she ran into my room practically screaming "Mom, it worked, I said a prayer and I wasn't scared!" Ha, ha. But then yesterday I was combing her hair after her bath and she told me that last night she was scared so she said a prayer again. She then says, "But then God had to leave to go tell the Lamanites to be good and a monster came!" I thought it was so funny and cute! We have been reading the "Book of Mormon Stories"
book every other night for family scripture study (we read the real bom on the other nights) and Ashtyn loves it. I think that is where she came up with the whole "bad lamanites thing."I highly recommend that book for young children. It puts all the bom stories in such plain context for them to understand and she learns so much from it, and so do I!

1 comment:

The Schmutz Family said...

How funny. She sinks everything in and remembers everything! Funny girl.