Friday, October 30, 2009

100% PERFECT!!

Collin Michael O'Connor
5 lbs. 9 oz. 18 inches
October 26, 2009
2:57 p.m.

Collin is here!!! He is healthy, happy, and doing great!!! I am so grateful he made it safely and healthy. I went in on Monday morning to be induced. The hospital called at 5:30 a.m. and told us to be there at 6:15 a.m. so we hurried and had grandma come over to watch the other 2 kiddos and Chris and I headed over to the hospital. I have to admit I was so nervous. I really liked being able to plan and prepare ahead of time since I knew when the big day was, but it also made me NERVOUS! Anyways, we got there and they got me hooked up to everything and gave me my IV. It was pretty much a waiting game from then on. I was to a 2 when I got there and it was really slow at first. Around noon I was to a 4 so the dr. broke my water and I got my epidural. (Thank goodness for modern medicine!!) I don't know how all you tough moms do it naturally, cause I'm pretty sure I would have died without the epidural. After that things really started to move along. Soon after that the nurse came in and said she would check me in 10 min. cause I wasn't feeling very good which made her think I was about ready to push. Well, a few minutes later my Dr. came in and checked and he was right there ready to come out!!! The nurses flew into my room and got the room prepped in just a few seconds. I pushed for exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds and he was here!!! It was such a fast and easy delivery!! I am feeling so good and recovering well. Collin has been such a good baby so far. (Sorry for all the boring details, but I want to remember them.)

Ashtyn is loving her new baby brother! She constantly wants to hold him and take care of him! I have to write down what she said the first time she saw him. She was so excited when we came home from the hospital so she sat down to hold Collin. I put him in her arms, and she immediately looks at my stomach and says, " How'd your stomach get smaller, did you get it cut off?" Ha, Ha, Ha. That girl doesn't miss a thing!

Camden also loves his brother. He says "I want to hold it" all day long!

That's right, He is sucking his thumb all ready. My kids all really love their thumbs!




3 comments:

C & E said...

Glad it all went well! He's beautiful!

Christin said...

Congratulations Trista, he is very cute!

Cram Family said...

Congrats to you guys. He is so cute. Im so glad everything went well.