Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why am I so blessed?

I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. I recently stumbled across this lady's blog about how she just lost her only baby at 4 months to SIDS. It happened to be on Feb. 17th, Chris' birthday. So while he and I were happily driving down to Las Vegas to celebrate, she was learning of her daughters death. She blogs each day how she longs to hold, kiss, bathe, change her diaper, anything, just to hold her again. Why am I so blessed that I have 3 perfectly healthy beautiful children? I really don't know why I keep reading her blog because it makes my heart hurt, but one thing I do know is that it has made me so much more grateful for the kids I have. When I start to complain about having to do the daily tasks of "kids" I stop myself and think "She would give ANYTHING to have to stay up all night with a sick kid, ANYTHING to deal with a baby throwing a tantrum at the grocery store, or to deal with kids all evening because her husband has to stay late at work. I don't have the right to complain about these things when someone else is hurting so badly for all those thing! I guess I just wanted to say how grateful I am to be so blessed with such an amazing family. I am so lucky and blessed! If you want to read more about her story, her blog button is on the side of mine at the bottom. Just get out some tissues first!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats crazy you had strep like the same time as me! what the crap! It sucks! But yes lets do play!!!! And this blog you are talking about I had to stop....made me cry to much!!!