Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camden's Stitches

A couple of weeks ago it was FINALLY hot enough to go swimming. We went to our pool and were there about 2 hours and Camden fell. There are these cement stairs going down into the baby pool and he was climbing out of it and slipped and bumped his head on the stairs. He was bleeding and his forehead split right open. We put some gauze on it to stop the bleeding and then wrapped his head with that white bandage stuff to hold it on while we drove. I knew he was gonna need stitches cause it was so deep. My friend stayed there and took Ashtyn home and I dropped Collin off at my mom's and we headed for Instacare.

My mom took these pictures of him in the care on the way. He kinda looks like a wounded soldier or something.
I am so bummed I didn't think to grab my camera at home because I only got this one other picture of him after the Dr. and of course I forgot to take any more throughout the week of the actual stitches. Bummer! Oh, well, he had 4 stitches put in. He was SO brave and really wasn't phased at all by the whole thing. They put numbing cream on the area so he didn't feel a thing. He sat there so still and so good for the Doc. We went and got them out six days later!

1 comment:

Britt said...

Thanks for the reassurance on my pregnancy. That does make me feel better.