Tuesday, December 20, 2011

**Christmas Activities**

My sister informed me that Grandpa Johnson didn't have any ornaments for his Christmas tree. I thought it would be fun for the kids to make him some salt dough ornaments. So that's what we did. Ashtyn and Camden had a blast and spent the whole afternoon rolling out the ornaments and then painting them. The next day we took them over to Grandpa Johnson and decorated his tree for him. The tree turned out surprisingly cute and I think he really liked them, too!









I am constantly looking/thinking of things to help my kids be reverent during sacrament meeting. It is such a struggle every week. When I saw this idea on pinterest I thought it would help a lot .(So I wanted to pass this idea on)
I made four different ones and I love how they turned out. The original post used jumbo craft sticks but all I had were the small ones. It actually turned out better since my kids are a little older so it made them more challenging. Ashtyn and Camden were both entertained for quite awhile this past Sunday. I hope they continue to help make our Sacrament a little more reverent!

No comments: