Saturday, July 4, 2009

My first, and hopefully last, call to 911

That's right! This past Tuesday afternoon I had to call 911 for my baby boy. It's a long story, but I have to journal it. We were a my mom's house and Camden was just outside playing. I heard him crying so I went to see what was wrong. As soon as I picked him up he started pausing while he was crying and looked like he was going to pass out, like he wasn't getting air. He did this a couple times and I knew there was something seriously wrong. My mom ran in to call 911. In the mean time he was barely breathing and wanting to pass out. His lips were blue and his skin was so pale. A couple times he acted as though he was going to throw up or cough or something. So we laid him on the floor as the 911 operator said and opened his air way. He was still alert, but barely. He was still breathing, but not normal. The paramedics got there and started working on him. Camden by this time was slowly (and I do mean slowly) coming out of it. He was VERY lethargic though. They even pricked his finger for blood sugar test and he didn't cry. He just laid there and didn't move a muscle while they checked him out. The one guy kept saying that he had a seizure probably, but he never fell down or anything. They checked for heat exhaustion, but he was only outside maybe 10 min. All their tests were normal so they told me to take him to the e.r. for more testing. He was acting a lot better and atleast sitting up. So I took him to the e.r. and they thought he probably choked on something.The dr. there didn't think that he had a seizure because of the circumstances. They did a chest x-ray and couldn't see anything so they assume it went on down to his stomach and that everything is fine now. They told me to see if anything comes out in his poop but so far I haven't seen anything. The only thing I think it could have been was a piece of nibs licorice that Ashtyn was eating. I am so grateful that he is ok. I never want to experience that kind of fear again! It was horrible to be so helpless and just watch my baby suffer.

3 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

Oh my gosh!! That is seriously so scary!! I'm glad he's ok. What an AWFUL feeling.

Miquel said...

That is so scary, I can't even imagine. I'm so glad he is alright. Hope you're feeling good with your pregnancy. I don't miss it at all LOL

Miquel said...

That would be fun. I'm not sure if my mom works this saturday, but her number is (801) 867-7259. Hope we get to see you!!