Saturday, October 15, 2011

**Fall Break and such**

We were so excited to have my mom and brother come for a visit! They got here Monday and left early Saturday. Most of the week we just hung out, went to lunch, dinner and enjoyed each other. On Friday we packed a picnic and went up to Red Cliffs. It was a beautiful day and ended up being a super fun day. We ate our lunch and then did the short hike up to the pools. I am currently 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and I wasn't exactly "wanting" to hike, but I knew I would have fun and I did. I figured if Collin could make it, then so could I! Who know's, maybe it will get my labor started a little earlier!




**Finished with the girls room***
I think I have finally finished the girls room. Hooray! There are a few small things that I might add, but I am happy with the way it is for now. The crib isn't in there yet since Collin is still in it, but it will go on the wall opposite the dresser and there are some large picture frames that are hanging above it. Chris did an AMAZING job at building their trundle bed. I am so happy with it! What looks like drawers underneath the mattress is actually one huge "drawer" that will have another mattress in it for Adisyn when she is out of the crib. It slides out perfectly smooth and will be such a good solution for saving space!

These pictures are NOT the best. I couldn't get any good light, so the color is WAY off. But you get the picture :)

*Baby Update*
I haven't been journaling at all this pregnancy and I am sure I will regret it someday. Everything has been going really good though. At my last appointment I was measuring super small so we did an ultrasound but she was measuring exactly right, so everything is good. Last night, (the night of the Red Cliffs hike) at 1:40 a.m. I started having SUPER strong contractions. They were at least every four minutes and lasted for about 1-2 min. each. I kinda got worried I would have to go the hospital for them to stop my labor, but I didn't. I got up after about 30 minutes of being in serious pain to get in the tub and see if they would stop. I knew that false labor will stop once you move around so it was worth a try. Luckily it did work. They slowly got less and less and I am sure it was just false labor, but my goodness I didn't know that you could have such painful contractions when you are not it labor yet! I need her to stay in me about another week and a half just to make sure she is healthy enough to come home with us! Other than this small event everything has been great. I am uncomfortable, and it will be nice to wear my wedding ring again someday, but I really can't complain too much. I have an appointment in a couple days and we'll see how that goes.

**Some funnies**
My mom was telling Camden good bye and she told him that she wanted to Skype him on Sunday still. He says
"K I will Skype, but can I see ALL your parts?"

Today Ashtyn was arguing with her friend Sam. She comes in and says
"She just doesn't understand me and what I am trying to say. She just thinks I am lying, etc,. etc. It's like she is mexican and I am just normal!" (she was trying to say that Sam speaks another language, i guess.)

2 comments:

April Ashcroft said...

Their room is so cute. I was thinking how I needed to see it. And mexican is a good way to put it! ;)

April Ashcroft said...

Oh woops! I am on April's computer so it shows she posted the comment. :) -Crystal