Saturday, December 21, 2013

December

I don't have any pictures but I wanted to remember some of the things that happened this December. Our elf, Fred, has returned! He has really struggled to remember to go back to the North Pole and hasn't been doing so many naughty things this year :) The kids think he is still great. Camden is really concerned about not touching him so he doesn't lose his magic.

We went to the Ward Christmas Party, "Polar Express."

Last Monday I thought it would be fun for the kids to draw a siblings' name out of a bowl and then get to go to the Dollar Store and buy/wrap/give their sibling a Christmas present. Boy, was I wrong! It was quite hilarious really. Collin first started throwing a HUGE fit and saying, "I just wanna buy something for MYSELF!" over and over, all the way to the store. We tried explaining that it would be fun and everyone would get a gift, etc. Then, Camden realized that we were not gonna open them that night, that they had to wait for Christmas, and then he was whining and complaining. It was not the way I imagined this fun activity. Eventually, we all chose a present and it all worked out. On the way home they all told each other what they bought for them, which Chris and I just laughed!! The joys of FHE, right?

Camden explained to Collin about getting coal in your stocking if you aren't good. He keeps telling me that I might get "a piece of HOT, or a piece of COLD" if I'm not good! Ha!

Ashtyn is asking for a loom bands kit, mini ipad, and jewelry. Camden is asking for a motorcycle and Skylanders Wii game. Collin's has changed a lot- first he wanted "two of everything" and a candy cane filled with candy, then he changed it to "one of everything" and lots of candy. Now he mostly just wants lots of candy. Funny kids! We will have to see if Santa can deliver!

No comments: