Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January

Yesterday for MLK day, I decided that I didn't want to spend the day wrestling kids. It was free national parks day, so I rounded up some friends to join us on a hike at Zions. We ended up with 16 total people. Two of my best friends from highschool, Donna and Jamy and their kids, me and my kids plus a friend of Camden's, Amber Knudsen, and Donna's new friend Alyssa all came. We had so much fun, I can't believe I don't do stuff like that all the time! We first ate a picnic lunch on the grass and then hiked to the 3 Emerald Pools. We all enjoyed the hike and the kids were amazing.
















Adisyn has the best bed hair some mornings:


I get an itch to do some redecorating every January. I've had these hidious nightstands for far too long, just waiting to be refinished. I decided to try the famous "chalk paint" method. I made my own chalk paint. I think they turned out great. Especially when you compare to the before:)

Before:



After the paint and new hardware:

I'm trying to lighten up things in my living room, so while I am on a chalk paint kick, I repainted this big shelf. It used to be black. I really like how it turned out. It looks especially cute with Valentines decor:)


1 comment:

The Schmutz Family said...

wow that paint looks great!