I have been meaning to write down a few things that went on this month that I don't want to forget about. I will post pics when I have more time. I wanted to make this Christmas season fun for my kids and do lots of christmasy things with them. Well, we weren't able to do as much because I had so much to do, and not so much time. The first thing we did was FHE on the first monday of the month. We learned the christmas story about baby jesus. We told it with the scriptures and then acted it out the best we could. Ashtyn absolutely loves to role play, so she loved it. She actually is OBSESSED with it. She asks me to play "Baby Jesus" everyday. She likes to talk about and see baby jesus in "amanger." Funny Girl! I am so glad she learned the story so well, but it isn't that fun for me to play it :) Then we wrote on a paper chain things that we could give jesus. I wanted to make sure our kids truly know the real reason for christmas.The next FHE we went to the temple to look at the manger scene, once again that Ashtyn loved.Then we went around and looked at christmas lights, One of my favorite traditions. One night we went out to tuachan and watched the Nativity play with our preschool group which was so fun.Ashtyn couldn't wait to go to it. She actually cried the whole way home because she thought she was going to get to be IN the play. It was kinda cute! I think we had a great christmas season and I hope that we will always remember the true reason of christmas. I will post details, and pics of christmas day maybe tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment