Friday, December 31, 2010

8 week to a better you!

I am starting this new challenge for the new year! My aunt did it a couple months ago and they are starting it up again so I thought I would give it a try. It's tradition each new year to say we will lose weight, get healthier, be better in general, you know the usual. I never EVER have really tried a diet or REALLY tried to lose weight, so I thought now would be a great time. I have got a lot of baby weight that is LONG over due to get rid of and I am so ready to start over. This challenge sounded like a lot of fun, yet REALLY challenging. So what is it you ask??? Well, first you pay $18 to start. Everyone pays this and it is put in a "money pot." At the end, everyone who gets all their weekly points splits this money. My aunt won $60 in the last challenge they did. So if you pay the money you can earn it back, plus more! This time the challenge is a little harder so I think their will less people who get all their point which means you could possibly win even more money. Oh, and I think they do random drawings for fun prizes too! Anyways, there are a bunch of things you have to do on a daily basis to get all your points. Here are most of them:
1. Excersize atleast 45 minutes a day.
2. You can't eat ANY sugar. This includes any sugary drink,etc.
3. NO junk food/fast food.
4. NO white flour, only whole wheat. (This one is gonna kill me)
5. Read 15 minutes of uplifting material. Like scriptures or ensign.
6. Write in your journal each day. (Another REALLY hard one for me)
7. Eat 2 fruits and 2 veges a day
8. Drink 64 oz. water a day
I think that's most of them. They are all things I should be doing everyday, but I don't. This will be a major change in my habits, but will really help me stay on track. Oh, and you get one FREE day a week. This will help me get through the week knowing I can eat some fun things on one day. If you want all the details and want to try check our their blog at www.8weekstoabetteryou.blogspot.com. (Sorry my computer won't let me type in a link) Anyways, wish me luck! In a 8 weeks I am gonna be sexy, skinny, and a better ME!! Ha, Ha!!!

4 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

That sounds AWESOME!! I wish I could do it but there is NO way I could exercise 45 minutes a day. Maybe next year. :)

Kellie Stilson said...

That's exactly what I tried a few months ago...Good luck! haha. I wish I could have been better at it, maybe I should try it again!

Lyndsey said...

Hey you won my giveaway for the set of v- day stackers!!! Email me your address so I can get them sent out- lyndseyandparker@hotmail.com
And good luck at getting in shape- I bet you can do it :)

Lyndsey said...

Hey sorry to bug you again.. but I don't know your last name? I don't think I will be able to send it if I don't have that.. you can leave me a comment or just email me if you don't feel comfortable posting your last name- thanks so much :)
Lyndsey